Managing your family’s screen time usage can confusing and difficult but with some simple planning you can be happily managing it in no time.
First thing to do is set some goals, how does your family’s screen time usage look after your new management strategies are implemented. Once you have in your head when and how much you want your family to be using phones, TVs and game consoles you can start making rules to match your vision.
- Write your rules down these might be no screens before bed time, no screens at the dining table, and no screens during homework time etc.
- Have a meeting with your family explain why you want to implement the rules and what you hope to achieve with them. Be clear what the rules are and how they are going to be enforced.
- Lead by example and evenly and fairly enforce the rules, parents need to enforce the rules, they should not play one parent off against the other.
- Be consistent in the application and don’t give up when you encounter resistance and attempts to break the rules, it is natural.
- Provide and outlet for your families energy and free time other than a screen.
- Enlist the support of tools to help implement the new rules. Tools are things like the inbuilt parental controls on your phones, TV parental codes, Apps and Pixel Pounds. Pixel Pounds helps you manage the offline aspect, it will build accountability, help track actual screen time usage.
Managing screen time can be difficult but with consistent application of the rules and supporting tools you set family on the course to healthy screen time usage.
Buy Pixel Pounds today to get your family on course to happy healthy screen time usage.